On the first day of this class I was extremely intimidated and frustrated by the MAC computer. Even though I just finished the second-class session, I am feeling slightly more comfortable using the MAC. However, I know that there are still so many things to learn.
Thus far I have learned that it is more difficult for a MAC to get a virus or be hacked into. Also, when using the Internet utilize the browser Safari, not Mozilla. One of the most important terms I learned in the past two class sessions were how to do a screenshot or a snapshot. In order to do a screenshot of the entire screen you push shift + apple + 3. In order to select a specific portion of the screen, press control + apple + 4 (it is important to remember to hold the mouse when selecting the portion that you want to copy. Another key point to remember is that the finder is the desktop and it is “floating.” If the computer freezes, go to apple then click “force quit.” If you want to have the equivalent of right clicking on a PC, you push control and click the mouse once. If you want to create a new folder, similar to the EDUC422 folder I have already made, right click + control + click on new folder.
Another thing to remember is how to put a picture as a textbox in a word document. You click insert, then look for textbox, create a box, insert clipart, insert. To get rid of the outside textbox line you press control + right click once, go down to format textbox, and then change to no line.
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment